International Christian Health Services
DIFAEM Health Projects
We work with local partner organizations to improve local health care. Our consultants advise and support our project partners in the planning and implementation of their health projects: Our priorities are the strengthening of health systems through community involvement (Primary Health Care).
- prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, especially malaria, tuberculosis, HIV and AIDS, as well as neglected and non-communicable, chronic diseases
- promoting the health of mother and child.
Our support includes the following activities:
- Improvement of the access to quality health services
- Education and training of personnel in the health sector.
- Equipment of the centres and their pharmacies with essential medicines and medical devices
- Consultancy for organizations of development cooperation in health projects.
In neglected regions of economically poor countries we are monitoring Christian health projects in cooperative partnership. We support preventive as well as curative measures, taking into account environmental, local and cultural conditions. Hereby our special attention is given to the disadvantaged, to the poor and the vulnerable. Among these are mothers and children, people suffering extreme poverty, persons living with HIV/AIDS, handicapped or neglected persons as well as people living in conflict areas.
Due to multilateral and long-standing contacts, partnerships with local churches and church-related agencies working in the health sector have developed. DIFAEM closely cooperates with these partners in developing, implementing and monitoring their health projects. Continuous communication and visits on a regular basis facilitate mutual learning and joint developments.
Providing access to best possible health care and strengthening health systems – these are among our major objectives. We support our partners in their community-based health work as well as in their medical work in hospitals.